Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Free Genealogy Site - Rootsweb


Rootsweb is a free genealogy website which allows assorted free searches such as the Social Security Death Index and Death Records for California, Texas, Kentucky and Maine. There are several free databases to search as well as some user provided information sites.

I recommend searching the Meta Search site. I received 6 different resources on the first name I put in including some records in the World War 1 Draft Index and some Civil War records under the web site search category.

You could literally spend hours on this site but be careful, it is owned by Ancestry.com and I can't tell you how many times I ended up on their site accidentally. Rootsweb.com is really one of the best free genealogy resource web sites out there.y. http://www.rootsweb.com/ is really one of the best free genealogy resource web sites out there.

No comments: